Function developer safe decision and control – Vehicle Automation
What we offer
At the forefront of Research and Development in the automotive industry, Volvo Group Trucks Technology offers you the opportunity to join our team in charge of software and algorithm development for Traffic Situation Management for Automated Vehicles. In particular, the team is responsible for taking the product ownership over time for L4 automated Traffic Situation Management including research, concept studies, industrialization and maintenance.
We are now looking for an energetic person who can strengthen our team in the area of developing concepts and algorithms to ensure safe decisions and control of the automated vehicle. In this job you will make a difference by tackling the challenge of automated driving through innovative concepts, algorithms and quality software code to create ground-breaking solutions that ensure the safety of automated vehicles in the mobility solutions of tomorrow.
To succeed in this job, we would like you to bring:
- A Master’s or PhD degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science, robotics, or similar technical field of study
- Experience in e.g. numerical optimization, system identification, time series analysis, set-theoretic methods in control, extreme value analysis, mathematical modelling, vehicle dynamics, etc., preferably in the automotive industry
- Experience in data structures, advanced algorithms and programming for robust safety-critical code, preferably with ASIL-D compliance
- Goal oriented mind-set with the ability to develop state of the art technology for best in class products
- Strong analytical and collaboration skills to effectively solve complex problem together with your colleagues
If the description above matches you, this is the opportunity for you to prosper and we are eager to receive your application letter and CV in English.
For further information you are welcome to contact:
Julia Nilsson, Manager Traffic Situation Management, Phone +46 739021344
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.