The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment, marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault , Mack, UD trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunvin Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Buses one of the world’s leading providers and services to the bus and coach industry under the brands Volvo, Nova Bus, Prevost Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunvin Bus you will be part of global and diverse team working with energy, passion, and respect for the individual to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions.
Volvo Poland, Industry, Customer Adaptation Department in Wrocław is looking for a candidate for the position of:
Responsibilities / Main Tasks :
- As a mechanical engineer you are a key member of the cross-functional team, consisting of function developers, purchasers, test engineers and suppliers.
- You will participate in the cross-functional work to specify, develop, verify and validate mechanical components in order to meet well-specified requirements.
- The work tasks cover the full range from advanced engineering development and product maintenance.
- You will coordinate technical aspects in close cooperation with our suppliers and our other development departments.
- Component development with the support of suppliers
- Define technical specifications and set design requirements for mechanical components, secure that all requirements are captured, documented, and balanced
- Establish verification plans, initiate simulations and testing, perform analysis and draw conclusions
- University degree(mechanical preferable)
- Knowledge of CATIA v.5
- At least 1 year experience on the designer mechanical position (trump will be experience of designing land vehicle)
- Professional experience on the similar (parallel) position will be additional trump
- Knowledge of quality systems: FMEA; KAIZEN
- Knowledge of English language on the communicative level
- Knowledge of office applications (MS Office)
- Knowledge of production processes will be additional trump
- Independence, commitment and availability
- Good communications skills and ability in cross-functional teams
- Ability to quick reaction and to managing with problems in difficult situations
- Openness, initiative in searching of alternative solutions.
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.