Senior Scheduling Planner
At Mack Trucks, Inc., innovation sparks success! For decades, our name has been synonymous with quality vehicular performance and today, our legendary trucks and premier services continue to garner respect from all corners of the globe. As a leading heavy-duty truck and component manufacturer, customers turn to us not only for our progressive products, but for our reliability. If you share in our commitment to excellence, we invite you to join our dynamic team of professionals.
Are ready for a meaningful challenge, have a passion for quality, customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply for our Senior Scheduling Planner position. At Mack Trucks, we support our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. Our people make the difference!
Senior Scheduler Planner
Responsible for reviewing incoming sales orders, creation of filters/forecasts, and working within multiple systems in order to schedule production for multiple internal assembly lines. Inputs from volume planning, capacity, material availability, and production leadership all drive internal customer dialogues in order to complete the process. Highly skilled in IT systems, Microsoft office, and data analysis leading to actions is a job requirement.
Qualifications, Educational Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-5 years of manufacturing experience
- Extensive Excel, Outlook, Prior MRP and software experience is desirable
- Understanding of the following: various production planning and inventory techniques and practices, Capacity Planning, various forecasting techniques and their application.
- Internal candidates: KOLA, Variant, and technical truck structure knowledge is desirable
- Team player, service minded, positive attitude, customer oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving proficiency with a strong attention to detail.
- Occasional travel is required (international)
- The principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions.
- As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
- The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 80% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required.
- Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common.
- No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of 10-20 lbs. of force (e.g., carrying a laptop, binder, or both) is required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
The job is in a traditional office setting. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify