Co-op: Environmental Sustainability Engineer (Spring 2020)
Assist Global Environmental Manager with long-term environmental sustainability strategy for Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO), primarily focusing on how GTO can achieve its objectives that are associated with Energy use, Greenhouse Gas emissions, and Climate change.
Students that incorporate Co-Op assignment into thesis or capstone project are preferred.
Full time 40 hour per week assignment from January 13, 2020 until May 8, 2020.
- Identify innovative practices, successful strategies, and emerging technology with potential for commercial success, to help GTO reach a climate positive vision
- Perform research and provide a report on
- Thermal renewable energy technology to replace fossil fuels
- Techniques and practices that support a climate positive vision
- Climate compensation strategies to reach neutral and positive levels
- Assist with renewable energy market analysis for the U.S., E.U., Brazil, Australia, Russia, and South Africa
- Support GTO programs and plans in place to achieve energy and CO2 emissions objectives and targets
- Perform data quality reviews for sustainability report and analysis for KPIs and targets
- Technical Analysis & Reporting: Ability to review and analyze data, perform material balances, engineering calculations, and statistical analysis, and create technical reports
- Passion & Positivity: Exhibits a true passion for environmental care and sustainability and conveys a positive, glass-half-full attitude to motivate and influence others
- Vision & Creativity: Holistic thinker that can visualize a long-term strategy for environmental sustainability, with a creative mind to generate innovative ideas
- Attention to Detail: Diligently checks and quality assures technical data, reports and presentations, received or generated, before passing them on to the manager.
- Communications: Listens effectively with patience, communicates clearly in a professional manner and actively seeks feedback in a non-confrontational manner
- Ethical & Responsible: Works with integrity to protect business sensitive information and does not take short cuts or bypass company code of conduct to finish assignments
- Multitask & Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responds well to changes in direction and priorities, and accepts new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Dependable & Reliable: Follows through on commitments, produces assignments on time, strives to promote a higher standard, and pitches in to get the job done
- Writing & Presenting: Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to develop reports and presentations appropriate for different levels of the organization
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a graduate level degree in either Environmental, Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering with a Sustainability specialization or focus. A graduate degree in Sustainability Management is also acceptable, if accompanied with an undergraduate engineering degree
- Must be an accredited school and the student should have at least 30 semester hours already completed prior to the start of the co-op
- Students that incorporate Co-Op assignment into thesis or capstone project are preferred.
- The student should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period
- Team Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Proactive/Action Oriented
- Good Time Management
- Ability to travel occasionally
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify