Financial Planning & Data Analyst
The Financial Planning and Data Analyst is responsible for financial and business analyses on asset portfolios in addition to providing financial recommendations to several functional areas of the company including Sales, Operations, Accounting, Risk and Business Development. This individual will prepare analyses and make recommendations to improve product, segment, and company profitability as well as plan, consolidate, and analyze actual and budgets related to asset portfolios. This position is located in our Greensboro, NC offices and reports to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis within the Volvo Financial Services USA (VFS USA) organization.
- Acts as a business consultant, responding to and communicating thoroughly and efficiently to both internal and external customer requests
- Assist the FP&A team and other departments in analytics initiatives including individual business intelligence strategy, data visualization implementation and data literacy
- Review reporting packages in order to maximize efficiency and support with automation
- Assist in the planning process throughout the year, including monthly short-term forecasts along with fall and spring long-term forecasts.
- Actively participates in the preparation and consolidation of annual financial plans including volume forecasts and operating expenses budgets
- Support Business Intelligence and Data Analytics initiatives in Global HQ and Region Americas
- Provide support to key areas in the organization including Sales, Operations, and Risk through performance and profitability analytics
- Support the month-end closing process
- Performs special projects as required to support management and the business
- BS/BA in Finance/Statistics/Business Administration is required. MBA is a plus.
- Experience in financial modeling and planning, business analysis, data analytics or similar data-driven function
- Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with peers and management at all levels of an organization.
- Experience with planning and business intelligence applications such as Hyperion, QlikView or Tableau
- Familiarity with statistical packages R and Python is a plus
- Strong strategic thinking and storytelling skills
- Expert level skills in Excel and Powerpoint; intermediate skills in other Microsoft Office products
- Experience with innovative problem solving and strong analytical and quantitative abilities- especially in the fields of finance, statistics, and mathematical modeling
- Proven ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks
- Experience working in a professional environment where sound business judgment, attention to detail, a fast pace and a flexible and adaptable approach are valued.
- Effective level of ambition and ability to understand team and corporate objectives
- Superior verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to achieve goals with minimum supervision.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English; additional languages a plus
- Exceptional grammar, business writing, and presentation preparation skills
All VFS USA employees should be at the skilled level (or working towards the skilled level) for the following competencies:
- Action oriented: Full of energy for challenges and not fearful of acting. Seizes opportunities. Prioritizes work effectively and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer focus: Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and colleagues and gains their trust and respect
- Integrity and trust: Seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents facts in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences and admits mistakes
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems and is a versatile learner open to change and quickly grasps the essence of ideas. Self-directed with the ability to adjust in a dynamic environment
- Peer relationships: Can solve problems with peers and is seen as a team player who easily gains trust and support of peers and encourages collaboration. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally and within a team
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Self-development: Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself
- Standing alone: Can be counted on and is willing to be the only champion for an idea or work alone on a tough assignment
- Technical learning: Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly and is good at learning a new industry, company, product, or technology
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify