Intern: Graphic Design and Story Telling (Spring 2020)
The purpose of this position is to assist the Communications department with assignments specific to graphic design, storytelling and production of materials in support of plant culture and business results.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate’s career goals through interaction with Communications professionals. Interns participate in professional activities for the Volvo Trucks New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This Internship provides structured learning experiences where interns and our Communications professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows student to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Trucks New River Valley Plant.
Assignment will began January 13th 2020 and continue through May 8th, 2020.
- Creative assignments to support local and global business objectives
- Active participation in Communications collaborations to facilitate and create an end of Q4 Safety magazine Project
- Active participation in design and production of materials for plant use in publications, electronic media and other mediums.
- Participate in facilitation and development to support team deliverables
- Learn the processes, ways of working, and environment involved implementation of plant communications and design
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of information received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Ability to translate: Translating ideas and thoughts into designs and production of materials, be it in for digital information boards, presentations, articles and other printed material.
- Flexibility: performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to promote a higher standard; pitching in to get the job done
- Strong graphic design, writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Storytelling: Appling storytelling concepts to build on CFR concepts of “Know – Feel – Do”
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Communication, or similar field of study, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student
- Student should have minimum GPA of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Availability for light travel
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify