Intern: Paint Technical Engineer (Spring 2020)
The intern role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through interaction with engineering professionals. Interns participate in professional activities for Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This internship provides structured learning experiences where interns and our Engineering professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and the Volvo New River Valley Plant.
This role will start in January 13, 2020 and run through May 8, 2020 as a part time intern position with a target of no more than 30 hours per week.
- The position will work with paint operations and the paint technical team to improve techniques and processes
- The position will help develop process controls at each station, collect data and help optimize manufacturing practices
- The position will give the student opportunities to learn and apply lean manufacturing principals within the Paint Department
The student may need to create MS Power Point presentations for communication of new project ideas and reports.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Applicants must be pursuing a Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Robotic paint experience / knowledge is a plus but not required
- Applicants should have a working knowledge of MS Excel and statistical analysis calculations
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify