Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses the production of state-of-the-art products for the truck brands of the Volvo Group, through an international world class industrial environment. With Volvo Group Trucks Operations, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
About the role:
- Proactively work together as part of a team to achieve daily build targets
- Carry out all repairs as delegated by Production Leader to manufacturer specifications
- Cab/dash harness installation and modification
- Safely operate and maintain equipment and hand tools
- To work in a quality conscious manner at all times including carrying out quality checks
- Communicate work concerns timely to Production Leader
- Take initiative and be involved in improving day to day business
- Ensure housekeeping (5S) procedures are practiced at all times
- Trade qualified as Auto Electrician
- Solid auto electrical work experience gained within a heavy commercial vehicle / plant environment including diagnostic and repair skills
- Hold a strong commitment to meeting customer requirements
- An understanding of VR quality controls
- Be a team player, it is essential that you know how to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated health, safety and environmental focus.
- Good communication and sound computer skills (MS Office)
- Drive to improve, the ability to look at a task and find a best way to improve the process
- Have a flexible approach to work commitments.
- Competitive hourly rate, fortnightly paid wages
- Nine (9) day fortnight, Monday to Friday work with rostered day off (RDO)
- Opportunity for paid overtime when available
- Working under a site EBA
- Clean and tidy work environment
- Generous Performance incentive programs
- Company provided uniforms and safety boots
- Access to on-site subsidised canteen
- Career development with Global prospects
- Service recognition
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service
- A dedicated Wellness program, including access to on-site physio and discounted Private Health Insurance
- Workplace Giving Program.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates.
In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.