Associate Engineer - Climate
Associate Engineer Cab ClimateGroup Trucks Technology
Within Volvo GTT Cab Technology we are looking for a:
Associate Engineer Cab Climate,
Cab Climate team has the feature responsibility for Cabin Climate and engineering responsibility for components in the climate system. We are involved in most of the development activities within the Volvo Group globally.
Due to a unique mix of competencies, several group members have global responsibilities in their respective areas and participate in company-wide module teams in order to align technical specifications, enhance quality and build value for all the truck brands.
We are now looking for an Associate engineer within Cab Climate to take responsibilities within the Climate area.
Tasks and responsibilities
You will work globally in all engineering phases, from advanced engineering, concept generation, detailed development and industrialization. Engineering documentation is done in Catia V5 and Kola. Other typical tasks include writing technical specifications, leading supplier, defining product structure and working closely with feature responsible, testing engineers and product planning.
Your role will strengthen the Climate team and contribute to Volvo GTT vision within this area. The role is cross functional which means you will drive Climate issues within the whole Volvo GTT organization and closely cooperate with suppliers, purchasing, manufacturing, testing, aftermarket etc both locally and on other sites within Volvo GTT.
You should be able to take full responsibility of tasks and independently deliver the tasks within your engineering area.
Profile and qualifications:
- Graduate in Thermal/Mechanical/Automobile Engineering or equivalent
- Solid knowledge within the Automotive Climate area, both from a component and system perspective. Experience and knowledge from below components are highly qualifying:
- Air filter and air quality
- Climate/AC loop
- Climate control
- AC compressor
- Parking climate applications
- 3-5 years of development experience in automotive segment
- Good knowledge in English, both written and spoken.
- You have an open and positive attitude. The job requires that you create a good network within and also outside the company on a local and global basis. Therefore your ability to understand and accept cultural differences as well as seeing the benefits with working in such a diverse organization is seen as an asset.
- Catia V5 and Enovia knowledge is a merit
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.