Backorder Recovery Coordinator
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
Mission/Purpose of the Position:
The Backorder Recovery Coordinator position is part of the Supply Planning & Dealer Inventory Management (SP/DIM) organization within SML NA. The SP/DIM organization is responsible for parts availability, backorder recovery, delivery precision and inventory.
The purpose of this position is to expedite all unavailable stocking and non-stocking parts to the Dealer network for specific Business Areas. This position is responsible for the quality and efficiency of determining the best method for delivering a part on an existing parts order including escalating situations. This position works closely with the Parts Services Order Desk.
Scope & Influence:
This position reports to the Manager/Supervisor, Backorder Recovery and is located in Greensboro, NC.
- Handle multiple complex priorities of significant impact to the company with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Ensure all unavailable parts ordered are resourced and delivered ASAP in the most efficient, cost effective way to satisfy the needs of the Customer
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with Suppliers, Manufacturing Facilities, Purchasing, Procurement, Parts Planning, Pricing, Specifications, etc…
- Establish and maintain a strong working knowledge of Supplier and Volvo Parts, Volvo and Mack mainframe systems, AS400, SPM, Filemaker, DFS (Dealer Facing System - Compass), LPA processes, etc…
- Coordinate, monitor and process parts class 1 and 2 backorders for the specific Business Areas
- Fully engage with the Emergency Services and Parts Services Order Desk Teams, ensuring work flow is implemented and streamlined, thereby minimizing down time for the end user/Customer
- Identify, report, and implement continuous process improvements which will ensure efficiencies in backorder recovery performance
- Meet team performance targets (KPI’s-Key Performance Indicators) for assigned customer base
- Work on continuous improvement through the Volvo Production System
- Act according to the Volvo Values
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, or equivalent experience, preferred
- Experience working to find and expedite parts for Dealers and/or Customers preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by Volvo’s Values and the Code of Conduct
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively independently, as well as in a team environment
- Accuracy and timeliness in the performance of assigned duties
- Basic negotiating skills
- Innovative problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills, (Mainframe and Microsoft Windows environment)
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify