Senior Commodity Buyer - Combustion
Senior Commodity Buyer – Combustion
Now is the time to join a progressive team with a strong culture, positive mindset and high energy that continues to redefine what is possible. At Volvo, the vision is clear to “be the most desired and successful transport solution provider in the World”. In the Combustion and Forging Team we are committed and empowered to live this vision as part of the Powertrain NA Group with global counter parts around the world.
The Senior Commodity Buyer is accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on their respective segments. They are responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- Contribute to segment business plans and be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- To secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan
- To secure the outcome of sourcing in a contractual package and that all agreements are approved and signed
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts
- Monitor, identify, and mitigate risks in cooperation with Supplier Quality & Delivery team
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics, and financial flows to the suppliers
- Manage tooling inventory including repair and replace of tools and follow up on supplier owned tooling
- Perform hand-over to the Uptime buyer when non-revenue parts are phased out of production
- Business Acumen
- Financial and Cost Management
- Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- BS degree in Business or Engineering / Technology (or equivalent)
- 5 - 8 years’ experience in Purchasing and/or extensive negotiation experience in a supplier/customer relationship
- Automotive Purchasing experience is a plus
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Positive attitude and target oriented approach
- Strong team player and the ability to take initiatives
- Willingness to travel from occasionally to frequently based on ongoing activities
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.