Associate HIL (Hardware in the Loop) Verification Engineer
INTRODUCTION Are you looking for a challenging engineering role in an organization that values new ideas and mentors new employees in our products? At the Volvo Group we listen to our employees and encourage them apply their fresh ideas and industry experience to create innovative solutions for our customers. If you thrive in leading change and you are able to contribute to a climate of cross-functional teamwork where everyone is accountable and proud of the products and solutions they create, then we hope you consider joining our team.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES The Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity department delivers all electrical features on Volvo and Mack trucks in the North American market and exports models globally. The System Team focuses on securing that the quality of the developed and deployed solution meets the demands stated in requirements and acceptance criteria. The unique combination of analytical and technical skills together with understanding of the business requirements and domain knowledge allows the System Team to verify the quality of the electrical and electronic solutions used in our products.
We want to make a difference by being there for our colleagues and our customers and by providing high quality and reliable products. All over the world. Every day. You will work with a diverse and passionate team who value a culture of learning and mentoring. You will have a chance to work hands on with solutions under development and apply your skills to deliver only the highest quality to our customers.
The mission of the Associate Verification Engineer is to perform requirement verification in the Hardware-in-Loop (HIL) test environment. All HIL rig maintenance, troubleshooting, integration, and programming is lead from this role. The verification engineer also executes and reports test results to the Verification Leader. This position works hands-on with the product and provides an opportunity for product knowledge and skill development.
- Interface with system requirements developer
- Analyze input requirements
- Review and apply technical specifications and requirements
- Analyze test development plan and test needs
- Review industry test standards for application to release testing
- Define needed acceptance test and document in a test plan
- Develop and document processes for verification for various Electrical projects
- Develop test specifications for a given test scope
- Create and update required test scope, test specifications, and test cases
- Develop and maintain guidelines for test environment preparation.
- Manage the test environment configuration.
- Model hardware, sensors, actuators, or use simulation tools to create test environments that allow testing within scope requirements
- Develop automation within test environments.
- Receive and manage SW deliveries from SW integration
- Perform ECU programming and configuration
- Perform data logging and analyze log files
- Use Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) for root cause analysis
- Generate problem reports
- Test execution & reporting of specific area or level
- Progress reporting including problem reporting on the testing activity
- Evaluate results from performed acceptance test and give approval recommendations.
- Deliver the test scope according to time commitments
- Create and deliver the final reports according to the task request
WHO ARE YOU?
- Knowledge of Automotive instrumentation and HMI applications and simulations
- Knowledge of On board diagnostics (OBD) and emission regulations (CARB, EPA, BIN)
- Knowledge of software development principles
- Knowledge of configuration management
- Ability to manage work independently
- Ability to use standard shop tools for troubleshooting and repair
- Experience working with Sahara cards and Beckhoff modules
- Experience working with Vector tools (CANcase, CANalyzer, CAN0e)
- Support ECU SW and HW Owner with problem solving activities
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify