Exciting opportunity to provide overall human resources support for a fast-paced multi location construction equipment organization. We are seeking an HR Manager that is passionate about being inspired, challenged and proud to come to work everyday!
The HR Manager will be a key member of the leadership team and a strong business partner. Providing HR leadership supporting all employees and sites within Volvo Construction Equipment & Services. Work closely with leadership team to create organizational capability through talent and performance management, employee relations, etc. Align HR processes and programs with strategic direction of the business. Leverage knowledge to accomplish key business objectives.
- Manage and develop the Recruitment/Onboarding process to ensure a consistent talent pipeline for all levels of the organization (Assessment, Recruitment, Development, and Retention)
- Function as business partner in supporting business and organizational strategies both strategic and tactical.
- Advises on legal/compliance challenges and organization issues – provides solutions.
- Leads HR processes / programs such as performance management, benefits, compensation platforms and policy development to align with business strategy.
- Compensation administration including conducting market analysis and salary review process.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to foster a positive employer-employee relationship and promotes a high level of employee engagement.
- Develop and implement local human resources policies that are equitable and consistent.
- Responsible for reporting accurate HR metrics (Headcount, Training, Compensation etc..)
- Coordinate with key resources within Shared Services to ensure effective joint delivery of HR services.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Conducts periodic compensation analysis, review and develop job evaluations, prepares budgets, recommend and implement pay structure revisions.
- Support a holistic safety focus by driving people related safety goals and initiatives. Manage environmental health/safety and compliance.
- Ensure compliance with Volvo Construction Equipment & Services policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Federal / State / local laws and regulations
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Use of data and analysis to solve HR problems
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and coaching skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Human Resources or Business
- 5 years of progressive HR Generalist experience
- 1 year of Labor Relations experience
- Demonstrated HR technical knowledge in EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation
- Must have extensive working knowledge of CA State and Federal employment law
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify