Intern - Business Control/ Production Logistics (Spring 2020)
The second project is they will support our team in coordination of reducing freight cost per truck on a supplier level and assisting with linking that information to our monthly forecasts.
The Business Control internship position will be responsible for working with various Production facilities, Internal partners, and Carriers Activities including, but not limited to, freight rates v. rates invoiced related to shipments in support of manufacturing and use of Volvo’s Business Control reporting tools, statistical analysis in support of Business Control, and operational support within the Business Control team in Greensboro, NC.
About The Volvo Group
Purpose of the Position
The Business Control internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Production Logistics by working on projects for the Business Control Team. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and full time professionals work together on projects within their selected area of the organization. The internship allows students to integrate their International Business/Logistics knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group Production Logistics.
The internship position is for the spring of 2020 as a part-time position with a target of up to 30 hours per week.
The specific work days and hours will be flexible, but agreed upon with the hiring manager.
- Assist with research and data collection in support of Business Control Invoicing
- Assist with quantitative analysis of Business control financial reporting, Invoice activity, and financial reporting
- Assist with reviewing completeness of data records and validating invoicing files
- Assist with operational project activities in support of business control operation
- Weekly Writing Assignments- Brief written summaries of the learning experiences and project updates will be required
- Project Presentations- Formal project presentations will be required to be presented to peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization
- Mentor Feedback- Throughout the entire summer experience, the mentor will provide verbal and written feedback on performance
- Formal Written Performance Review- At the end of the internship, each intern will be given a formal written evaluation based on their work performance
- Applicants should be interested in pursuing a professional career in International Logistics or Finance
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in International Logistics or Risk Management at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Applicants should be proficient in use of web based tools, access db, and mainframe internal systems
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify