Warranty Segment Leader
There is now an opportunity to join our team as Warranty Segment Leader in Japan.
Quality is a core value of the Volvo Group and a prerequisite for Customer Satisfaction.
As a Warranty Segment Leader you will hold a high important strategic role belonging to the department Warranty TMA & SWR within UDTT Quality & Customer Satisfaction organization.
The mission as Warranty Segment Leader is to improve the quality of products related to the Volvo group. By doing so, you will support to reduce the total warranty cost (Cost of non-quality) including Supplier Warranty Recovery activity.
Warranty cost reductions are achieved by professional Technical Material Analysis (TMA) feedback to the Regions in daily claim handling. The TMA also has a role to feedback quality improvements, to reduce No Fault Found, and to secure “quality over check” UDTT Q&CS organization.
Warranty cost reductions are also secured in Supplier Warranty Recovery (SWR) process. To where responsibility split with suppliers are agreed and fair financial recovery incentivize quality improvements at suppliers.
- To understand aftermarket, diagnostic and repair methods, data analytics and compilation of claim reports, applying contractual rules for securing supplier warranty recovery, supporting quality improvements and warranty cost reduction
- To collaborate with Global and execute major SWR cases and major campaigns as a technical expertise with focus on failure understanding
- To have networking and X-functional collaboration globally
- Bachelor degree in Technical Area
- Technical expertise in the truck segment industry
- Proved and record in excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Legal and contractual understanding and associated impact on business decisions and negotiations
- Excellent Japanese and English skills
For success in this role you need to have a work experience in relevant field for 0 - 3 years and proved and record in excellent communication and presentation skills. You thrive to take the lead with courage and integrity, and you feel comfortable working autonomously. You have ability to build trust and to work cross-functionally including.
We are actively working to establish high performing teams that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherence to differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, and nationality among others.
We find that well balanced work teams increase group dynamics, creativity, and new approaches to solutions.
UD Trucks and JVs is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks and JVs develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.