Co-op: Quality (Spring 2020)
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062
The purpose of this Co-Op is to allow the student/Co-Op to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Co-Ops will be provided extensive hands-on experience in their field of study. The Co-Op will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff and engineers.
- Quality Dept. Tracking/Reporting/Metrics
- Updating and maintaining Quality Management System to comply with current ISO Standard
- Interfaces with plant personnel to accomplish quality and production goals
- Assisting with integrating Quality Management System into a global Operational Management System
- Supports, participates, and measures quality-in-station practices throughout specified assembly areas
- Participates in root cause analysis of quality defects and employs problem solving skills in working towards resolution
- Assisting Quality team with a variety of projects at the discretion of supervisor
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Thrives in a team-based environment
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Co-op positions require the student to be registered with their university's co-op program in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Spring co-ops work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Preferred Degrees- Quality Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify