The Credit Analyst is responsible for the processing and analysis of credit applications for loans and leases to customers for the acquisition of heavy equipment, as submitted by our customers, dealers and District Finance Managers. Customer financing requests are reviewed for accurate and complete information and processed to ensure timely and comprehensive credit review and underwriting with the highest level of customer service and professionalism. Additionally, the Credit Analyst negotiates and assists in the conquest of approved transactions. The Credit Analyst reports to a Credit Manager and the position is located in Greensboro.
- Supports dealers, customers, and the VFS USA sales force by providing underwriting on smaller group of credit submittals and completing credit approvals within delegated credit authority
- Reviews credit submittal, credit bureau, Paynet, or other individual and commercial credit bureau reports for completeness
- Understands truck and construction equipment collateral. Analyzes collateral position and completes matrix using MS Excel platform software to outline collateral exposure on transactions
- Develop and utilize financial statement analysis skills to spread financial statements and prepare written comments highlighting important aspects of the financial statements
- Establishes customer files and performs necessary verifications of borrowers and guarantors (i.e. Secretary of State, debt history, trade history, bonding capacity, employment, and revenue sources) as required
- Interacts extensively with Dealers, Customers, and District Finance Managers (DFMs) to negotiate loan and lease structuring, pricing, and collateral analysis requirements for transactions to ensure sound underwriting and risk practices.
- Builds trust and cultivates Dealer, Customer, and colleague relationships
- Assists with following up with dealer contacts daily and leverages relationships to negotiate and win open approvals
- Meets with a smaller group of prospective customers to analyze business operations and conducts extensive credit interviews.
- Interacts with other colleagues, managers and executive management on behalf of credit to make recommendations related to financing requests (i.e. exception requests, self insurance, documentation requirements, promotions, or other non-standard financing requests).
- Interacts ,Underwrites transactions and articulates the strengths and weaknesses, as well as recommendation in verbal and written presentations
- Ensures accurate and complete documentation of credit files and recommends credit lines for current and prospective customers.
- Selects and negotiates loan and lease documentation including ancillary documents, UCC-1 related issues, including proof of ownership, search review and subordination
- Participates in review and negotiation of documentation with the Customer, Credit Manager, and Legal Counsel. Reviews and initiates proper follow-up as necessary
- Assists in the development and implementation of procedures to minimize risk and improve underwriting quality
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities in the credit process
- Gains and grows industry expertise (Trucking, Construction, or other as required)
- Works with the Retail Credit Manager to prioritize work load
- Underwrites modifications and Assignment and Assumptions of loans and leases
- Other projects as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent/similar experience preferred
- 1 year or more combined experience in one or more of the following areas: loan or lease underwriting, portfolio asset management or formal credit/risk management coursework /training
- Heavy equipment, transportation or construction equipment experience a plus (i.e. OEM sales, pricing, dealer/customer satisfaction)
- Established credit underwriting and analytical skills, including familiarity with personal credit bureau reports, commercial business reports (Dun and Bradstreet, Experian, Paynet, etc.) and other reference sources (bonding, insurance, finance, trade)
- Familiarity of financial statements and experience preparing written summaries of key information. Financial statement analysis includes: ratio analysis, common sizing, review of industry norms, trending, and cash flow analysis. Experience interpreting key financial information and assessing the potential impact to the borrower is necessary
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and effectively work on multiple tasks in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Relationship Management experience or sales experience ,preferred such as the demonstrated ability in identifying customer needs, asking the right questions upfront, and communicating the advantage of doing business with an organization
- Intermediate level in MS Office required-Excel required. Experience with MS Access a plus and Expert level in MS Excel preferred
- Experience working in a professional environment where sound business judgment, attention to detail, a fast pace and a flexible and adaptable approach, preferred
- Demonstrated high level of integrity, energy, and a positive customer and quality focus with ability to work within a team environment.
- Proven written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English; additional languages a plus
With Volvo Financial Services you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals to provide expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify