Co-op: Human Resources (Spring 2020)
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. The co-op experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. Programs are structured learning experiences where co-ops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organizations. The assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Volvo Group.
- Assist with recruiting
- Keep up with filing and retention for personnel files as well as training records
- Participate in Bargaining Unit and Non-Bargaining Unit interviews
- Research and organize Governors Action Team items and develop a plan to gather information needed for submission of reimbursement
- Develop a structured work plan to assist Supervisors in assigning appropriate work to the Apprentices in order to get them the correct Training
- Compile and coordinate data to research potential HR related projects Involvement in bargaining unit hiring process as needed
- Develop flow chart or action plan to be able to explain the work order process in facilities
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking and proofreading
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods and designs
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite applications
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Peer Relationships
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Co-op positions require the student to be registered with their university's co-op program in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Spring co-ops work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours prior to the start of the co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Preferred Degrees: Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or other related field
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify