Business Development Manager
At Volvo Penta, we are actively working to establish groups that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality. Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work, built upon respect and commitment. If this lights your inner fire, you might be the next player in our team.
As Business Development Manager (BDM) you will be responsible for developing the sales for industrial power system products with our Market Units and Area Sales Managers. You will be part of forming the offering for future technologies in Volvo Penta. The position is based in Gothenburg and involves frequent long- and short-distance travelling.
Region International is responsible for marketing and sales of the complete range of Volvo Penta products including Parts and accessories via its Market Units and private importers within Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Oceania and the Pacific Basin. In the Industrial Business Segment within Marketing & Sales, you will be working with some of the most interesting and inspiring countries, cultures and people in the world. Region International has very ambitious sales targets and this is an opportunity to join and contribute to this positive development.
- Prospect new high potential or strategically important customers
- Implement a growth strategy for the Industrial segment
- Work closely with Market Units and Area Sales Managers through new customer development process
- Initiate and participate in the development of tools and activities supporting the sales force
- Coordinate larger sales projects and visit important markets and customers
- Coordinate and support sales engineering tasks
We believe that you are customer focused, enjoy working in a team and have the ability to inspire others. You have an entrepreneurial spirit with excellent social networking capabilities and a result oriented mind-set.
- A strong business acumen
- University degree or similar in Business administration and/or Engineering
- Experience of industrial engine and/or off-road machinery business is considered an additional qualification
- Excellent communication skills in English. Arabic, Russian, Mandarin, Turkish or other languages in the region are considered as an additional qualification
For further information about this position please contact:
Andreas Hansson, Acting Director Industrial Business, phone +46 31 323 83 58
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.