Powertrain Engineering is looking for a simulation engineer.
Take the opportunity to join the exciting change journey Powertrain Engineering (PE) is embarking on when creating the future powertrains for our customers as well as the future working place for our employees.
This is us, your new colleagues at PE
We are proud product owners for components, systems as well as complete powertrains. We are accountable for the lifecycle management of our products, from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase. The majority of our powertrain components are traditional combustion engines, after treatment systems, transmissions and axles, however the importance of e-mobility components is growing every day.
We stand in front of significant challenges – where reducing transport emitted CO2 emissions is one of the biggest – and are now adapting to take this on by simplifying and empowering our organization and way of working. As an integrated part of this we have high expectations to reduce development lead-time and cost and driving innovation and employee engagement through our leaders leading technology and people.
In this position you will be part of an organization dedicated to technology as well as empowering and developing our employees. We always use customer satisfaction as the ultimate performance measurement.
Responsibilities / Main tasks
- Set up, calibrate and perform gas exchange simulations using in-house (ICES), as well as commercial software (GT-Power)
- Close cooperation with the engine and component testing teams is a natural part of your daily activities since gas exchange model correlation/calibration is typically based on test data
- Support and guide testing
- Provide input for both turbo charger matching as well as dimensioning of other engine flow components (cooler, valves etc.)
- Support and propose future engine concept by doing simulation studies in different stages of the development work with input from projects and other stakeholders
- Document and present results and compile an engineering report
- Continuously update methods and propose development of our programs together with the technology areas, wellknown as well as new. In order ensure that we can meet the coming challenges
We are looking for a person with a positive attitude and ability to interact and cooperate effectively.
Someone who has a drive to deliver results and who is interested in improving work methods will be greatly valued.
We believe that with an innovative mindset and a wish to make a difference this is a good opportunity for you.
- Minimum Master of Science in engineering
- Education/training in internal combustion engines
- Experience of GT Power or ICES is an advantage
- Programming experience at an advanced level in for example Matlab, Fortran or Simulink
- Personal interest in combustion engines is highly valued
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally in a rapidly changing world. We trust the individual and act as a team, stay close to the product and provide opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Curious and want to know more? Please contact us! We look forward to receiving your application!
Johan Nilsson, Manager Engine Performance and Simulation (BF63110), phone +4676-9402038
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.