System Verification Engineer, Telematics & Entertainment
- Do you want to work with Internet of Things (IoT)?
- Do you want to have one foot in the automotive industry and the other in telecom/IT?
- Do you want to contribute in the development of environmental friendly, safe and fun trucks?
- Are you interested to see what is under the hood of a top modern telematic/entertainment system?
Then this might be the right challenge for you!
Vehicle Connectivity is in the center of the digital transformation. We provide our trucks with functions like Navigation and Fleet management to support our customers in meeting their business targets. We provide our trucks with Remote Software Download and Remote Diagnostics to minimize the service time in workshop for our customers. We provide our trucks with functions like driver coaching and I-See to make them more fuel efficient and thus more environmental friendly. We provide our trucks with a top modern Android based entertainment system, where our customers can access Apps for streaming music, radio, media player as well as Apps for various truck functionality. For more information about our functions see:
We are now looking for more System Verification Engineers. In this role you will work with test/verification of requirements on function (E2E) level. The test object is a system of trucks and various IT systems. The work is a mix of testing our functions as a customer, develop test methods and tools, improve test environment (lab) and develop automated tests. You will work in a team of System Verification Engineers where we practice agile methods like Scrum/Kanban and SAFe. We are mixing manual (test case based as well as exploratory) test with automated tests as we are convinced that a combination of these techniques will maximize long term quality. The majority of the SW that we test is developed by Volvo, so you will work close to the SW developers.
Who are you?
You enjoy working in teams and you like to have and take responsibility. You are committed and take a pride in delivering high quality products. You are a good problem solver and like to bring your tasks to closure. You are innovative and creative and always strive for developing yourself and your competencies. You have great communication skills, enjoy teamwork and like helping others. You like to make a difference.
You may be fresh from school, or with some or several years’ of experience. Relevant experience includes embedded SW verification, experience from verification work in distributed systems, and automotive/telematics/telecom domain knowledge
- Master’s degree in electronics / computer engineering or equivalent education
- Well spoken and written English
- Experience with test tools and framework - i.e. REST API test, stress test, API automation test, web and mobile UI automation test, etc.
- Understanding of the Agile process
- ISTQB certification or similar
- Truck driving license
- Telematics and Infotainment market knowledge
- Experience from verification in distributed embedded system
- C or python
- Develop simulations in CANoe
- Knowledge in Sympathy for Data
- Experience of Volvo AB
For more information please contact
Johan Ramert, Manager E2E Verification, Vehicle Connectivity, +46 31 3223225
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.