Spare Parts Engineer
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Aftermarket Technology provides Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD Trucks, VECV and partly Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta with the best possible solutions supporting their aftermarket business. Thanks to our deep technical, business and customer knowledge, we deliver solutions and services for the salesmen, the mechanics and parts personnel at dealerships and other service points such as Spare Parts Assortment, Parts Information, Diagnostics and Repair Information, Service Planning and supporting systems solutions and tools. In Aftermarket Technology we aim at securing that Volvo Group Truck vehicles can be easily maintained to secure uptime. Aftermarket Technology teams are working close to engineering functions as well as to end customers and are located in Hagerstown, Greensboro, Lyon, Gothenburg, Curitiba, Ageo, Bangalore and Brisbane.
Would you enjoy taking the ownership of complete parts assortment for the full life cycle (development, launch, growth, maturity and decline phases); collaborating with Engineering, Sales & Marketing, Logistics and other stakeholders?
Would you like to contribute to Volvo group’s profitability while helping our dealers and improving uptime and customer satisfaction?
If yes, this job is for you!!
- Secure spare parts assortment by developing technical solution and fulfilling common architecture & shared technology with focus on preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance
- Own part assortments for complete part life cycle
- Develop and maintain the Common Spare Parts Assortment Policy (CSPAP)
- Propose and anchor re-engineering and rationalization suggestions with commercial representatives
- Perform spare parts judgment and create supersession
- As a senior member of the team, mentor and coach other team members
- Minimum of BS Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- Master of Science preferred
- Up to 3 years of experience in an engineering environment. Automotive or heavy truck engineering experience a plus
- Engineering design experience
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Communicates Effectively
- Values Differences
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify