Head of Collection & Assets Management
Role (Purpose of the job)
This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the Collection and Assets Management. The person needs to establish an efficient and effective collection strategy, methodology and procedures for both W/S and R/T collection, debt recovery, repossession and remarketing as well as customer/dealer services to decrease delinquency and maximizing collected amounts / recovered assets, minimizing losses while ensuring balanced customer service.
- Provide leadership & direction to the collection department.
- Design/adjust/implements/manages collection processes, procedures and KPIs to effectively manage delinquency, repossession, inventory management and remarketing to maximize the collected amount and minimize the loss amount
- Develop and implement outsourcing strategies and outsourcing management processes and procedures to maintain a reliable and flexible collection resources
- Develop and monitor alternative ways to collect / recover bad debts, liaise with 3rd party lawyers. Work with legal counsel to implement the legal process and procedures
- Develop and execute downturn management plan to ensure business success regardless of current business cycle
- Identify and evaluate risks and areas for improvement and design solutions. Drive for continuous improvements in the existing collection processes and procedures.
- Drive and monitor dealer collection activities to align with VFS collection guidelines, processes and procedures
- Regular and consistent review with Collection team leaders / managers ensuring appropriate action is being taken on collection and recovery activities
- Personally follow up and take necessary actions for key delinquent accounts
- Maintain close, direct and frequent communication with other functions on delinquent customer situation, market situation and any other facts that may affect portfolio quality
- Manage the best trade-off between maximum collected amount and customer experience and compliance with internal and regulatory requirement.
- Recruit, develop, train and retain talented people. Develop a result-oriented working environment. Assess and ensure the competency of the team and reinforce accountability through Management by Objectives and monitor target achievement
- As a part of China Management Team participates in local strategy planning and developing.
Education & Professional Experience
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Law
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in a credit and collection function preferably in the finance/ leasing industry
Main Competence Requirements
- Experience in building up and developing AR Collection management
- Target driven, self-motivated person
- Sound knowledge on local regulatory requirements and practices
- Good interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Outgoing personality
- Competence in written and spoken Chinese & English
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.