Project Buyer Electronics
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
If selected you will be responsible for the sourcing and project activities within a defined scope. You will work closely with your colleagues in the project and commodity team and work to secure the future supplier base of the Volvo Group.
The Electronics team consists of 10 strong professionals and are accountable for all the operational and project activities within Europe and lead the strategic activities within the electrical commodities globally. Within Electronics we have structured the work around 3 main commodities: Automation, Passive Safety, Vehicle and Powertrain ECU’s. As project buyer you will work with one or more of these commodities.
- Develop the Sourcing plan for components & systems according to cross functional time plans
- Manage Sourcing activities in project phase
- Drive the supplier selection process
- Secure that supplier selection is in line with expectations (quality, cost, sustainability etc.)
- Secure the outcome of the Sourcing in a contractual package
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in the Project phase
- Ensure that the supplier and its supply chain is prepared for production
- University degree, preferably in engineering or business
- Purchasing experience, preferably in automotive
- Fully fluent in English
- Computer literate
We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures and people in a global context.
You also have the ability to take ownership of various tasks and possess strong problem solving skills in combination with analytical mindset. We also think that you are result oriented and like doing business.
We can offer you a dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills.
Lyon or Gothenburg
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.