Concept Developer at Innovation, architecture and concept development
We aim to be the most forward thinking and customer-focused supplier of sustainable power solutions. Innovative solutions that comply with the modern, socially responsible definition of premium and both meet and exceed the demands of a 21st century marketplace.
Volvo Penta Process & IT is a global function responsible for P&IT planning and portfolio management, Process & IT Solution Management, Information Architecture and Enterprise architecture. The process & IT function is an active part in developing and shaping the Volvo Penta business offering and IT solutions to meet current and future customer needs.
To support our vision of becoming the world leader in sustainable power solutions, Volvo Penta will make significant efforts in innovating new solutions and services, with information technology as a key enabler.
We believe that great ideas and great design have a huge impact on how our customers perceive the end result. Creating new great services and capabilities often require an end-to-end design thinking and an in-depth understanding of business opportunities and key enablers.
Volvo Penta Process & IT is now looking for Concept developers for a newly established function with the purpose to drive innovation and concept development in early development phases, in order to move from idea to feasible concept faster and with higher accuracy. The function will drive innovation ideas from stakeholders across the company, both originating from new business areas such as electromobility, transition from product to services offering and sales as well as improving existing capabilities in an innovative way enabled by new technology. The results will often be handed over to an implementation project or an agile team within the existing portfolio.
This Concept developer is a global functional role reporting to the Director Innovation, architecture and concept development within Process & IT at Volvo Penta.
The position is based at Volvo Penta headquarters in Göteborg, Sweden.
Travel outside Gothenburg is expected on a regular basis.
- Drive End-to-End design and concept development activities and provide competence within innovation, IT architectural design and concept development in early phases
- Assist Volvo Penta business stakeholders with quickly breaking down complex business questions and opportunities into feasible End-to-End concepts, capabilities and IT solution designs
- Develop prototypes and demonstrators for new concepts, solutions and architectures
- Contribute to developing methods and skills for design thinking and early phases activities
- Contribute to identification and planning for resource & competence capacity needed to support development efforts
- Prepare needed decisions for the relevant Process & IT decision bodies
We believe a successful applicant has:
- A customer, innovation and business development oriented mind-set
- A profound interest in developing new services, capabilities or technologies to meet customer needs
- A strong, proven ability to leverage Information Technology to innovate and develop business processes and capabilities
- A strong consulting background, preferably from a management consultancy practice or similar experience enabling:
- Excellent analytical and planning skills and proven capacity to execute against targets
- Communication and presentation skills at the highest level
- Deep understanding of different processes and customer needs from global companies
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to effectively collaborate, network and interface with a wide variety of colleagues on different levels, across functions and geographies
- Ability to handle complexity and create feasible ways forward in a complex global environment
- An advanced level of English (oral and written)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience from working with business development within a technology context
- Minimum 3 years of experience from driving activities in early phases with business concept and capability development
Academic degree in Engineering, Business Administration or other relevant area.
For additional information, please contact
Magnus Fridner, Director Innovation, Architecture & Concept development, Telephone: +46 739 026255
Jonny Salo-Premmert, VP & CIO, Head of Process & IT, Telephone: +46 739 025681
In return we offer
… An opportunity to drive the development of Volvo Penta processes and solutions with a true End to End and customer perspective.
You will be an important part of building the continued growth and success of an exciting, market-leading company. You will work in a team with highly skilled and passionate colleagues. This will give you an opportunity for career advancement, in-depth learning about the aftermarket business and to develop professionally and personally. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues across the globe and deliver cutting edge solutions and services, which drive our market success, profitability and growth.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.