Senior Product Manager
Join Powertrain Engineering / Complete Powertrain as Senior Product Manager in the exciting journey to develop the future Volvo group Powertrains.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are proud product owners for components, systems as well as complete powertrains. We are accountable for the lifecycle management of our products, from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase. Advanced conventional combustion engines still represents a majority of our product base, however the share of e-mobility solutions is steadily increasing.
Customer success is our ultimate goal, and we rely on our values to reach it. Passion, Performance, Trust, Change are in our DNA.
Powertrain Engineering Lyon, together with its satellite office in Bangalore, is responsible for delivering sustainable transport solution to Volvo Group Trucks Technology, and all Volvo’s business areas (Penta, Volvo Construction Equipements, Volvo Buses), for the Medium Duty market segment.
Complete Powertrain is responsible for coordinating the Product System Teams activity, in order to reach the product roadmap targets, and release the final product to customers.
In Complete Powertrain section, within Product Management Trucks & Bus group, you will be responsible to lead the projects related to the life cycle management of Powertrains for Medium-Duty applications.
More precisely, you will be the accountable for the deliveries of the projects, securing the consistency and alignment throughout Powertrain Engineering towards projects targets from a Quality, Delay, Cost and Features (QDCF) standpoint. Your scope will be spread from Project Initiation to Maintenance, pending on Powertrain Engineering strategic priorities. Your framework will be the Volvo Development Process, Quality solving process, and Agile way of working.
In that role, you will have to:
- Contribute to projects initiation by managing the answer to Product Planning requirements when it comes to technical content, work breakdown structure, budget and timeplan
- Lead projects execution, interacting with a cross functional network of stakeholders both inside and outside Powertrain Engineering, such as Chief Projet Manager / Quality&Customer Satisfation / Global Trucks Operations / Global Trucks Purchasing / Customers / …
- Coordinate the integration of satellite projects connected to your portfolio (Maintenance of product, Cost Improvement initiatives, Product Change Requests…), as responsible for a product line lifecycle management.
- Report to the board of directors your portfolio QDCF status on a regular basis
- Contribute the continuous improvement process within Powertrain Engineering (Agile methods deployment, …)
- Mastering new technologies
- Product ownership over time
- Common Architecture and Shared Technology (CAST)
- Great place to grow
As a Senior Product Manager, you will have to involve the following hard and soft skills:
- Holistic view on engine technical areas, eager to learn more
- Project Management skills
- Leadership skills to drive teams towards an objective, dare to challenge yourself and others
- Challenges savvy, love to push for the extra mile
- Manage ambiguity and able of good decision making in uncertain situations
- Communication ability, create alignement and dare to escalate
- Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Project Management framework proven experience. PMP certification is an asset.
- Solid experience (over 10 years) in various field of Engine/EATS/Driveline development within an OEM or major tier one supplier
- English knowledge as working language is mandatory (TOEIC 750 / BULATS 55)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.