We are now looking for an Information Architect
Are you a passionate individual willing to join a global and motivated team? Do you want to take part in forming strategies for the future? Are you ready to take on your next challenge? Then you are the right person to apply for this job.
As an Information Architect you will have the responsibility to drive the development of the enterprise information management strategy as well as the roadmap and architectural designs to enable that strategy. You will be responsible for facilitating VFS to maximize its leverage of enterprise information assets by ensuring their accessibility, timeliness, trustworthiness, and security. You will contribute in business visioning and scoping information management activities and strategies. You will make sure that the right information gets to the right people at the right time to enable business decisions and the use of information as a competitive advantage while ensuring the security of the information.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- You develop and maintain the VFS information architecture (methods and practices) and the business information model to guide solution development and to support process development.
- You ensure that Information Management practices are implemented in the solution and process area and you maintain information models on different levels (e.g. subject and solution area).
- You support business and IT managers on information artifacts and its deployment within the business information systems.
- You recommend, design, implement and continually enhance enterprise information management practices.
- You keep abreast of information architecture and management trends and you identify potential application of new technologies.
- By increasing awareness of possible uses and integrating the information considerations into business plans, you ensure the usefulness of enterprise information.
- You analyze/assess strategies, balancing near-term needs with longer-term objectives and leveraging knowledge, experience, and research.
- You develop options, lead discussions, make recommendations and facilitate decisions which balance competing positions, perspectives and constituencies.
- You participate in the assessment and selection of related solutions. You map vendor solutions to VFS enterprise information models.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a recognized university level degree in Computer Science, with a broad background in application development.
- You have experience in (captive) financial services and understand the underlying processes and execution models.
- You have experience in overall information technology, analytics design and usage and/or background working with or as a data modeler:
- You understand the difference between data and information
- You have knowledge on information modeling methods and technologies
- You are skilled in information modeling and information structural analysis (i.e. domain modeling)
- You are skilled in IT architecture design and development of enterprise strategic plans
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture is highly desirable.
- You understand information from the business perspective (not IT looking out view) and use that understanding to more effectively develop enabling technologies.
- You have a goal-oriented and positive attitude to deliver against targets.
- You have strong problem solving, analytical and project management skills.
- You are able to work independently and proactively.
- You have a global, open, innovative, holistic and goal oriented mind-set.
- You have and advanced level of English, oral and written
The location for this role is in Brussels (Belgium) or Greensboro (US).
Do you want to join us in our journey? Apply for the Information Architect position today!
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.