Apprentice BAC+4/5 Supplier Development Engineer H/F
If you like external contacts, travel to meet people and to work in a cross-functional team then this is an opportunity for you. The Supplier Quality & Development Vehicle department, belonging to Group Trucks Purchasing, is driving the supplier base towards premium automotive standards. Our department is responsible for continuously improving the supplier base in QDCFTSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technical, Sustainability, Risk Management) of purchased parts and now we are hiring an intership within our Supplier Development Department.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES :
We are a group of 10 people based in Lyon, Gothenburg and Tüve. The team has several majors missions in Quality as coordinator/front office of Field and Plant issues, in Capacity as expert of supplier capacity analysis and improvement plans and at the end in Supplier Development monitoring. This is a team with openness, high spirit and willingness to share with colleagues. We believe that the best results are achieved together, while having fun ! Are you like us ? Then this might be just perfect role for you.
What will you do, as Supplier Development Engineer ?
As apprentice, within the Supplier Development vehicle team, you will have the mission to improve the “Product diversity and low runner” ways of working with suppliers, internal plants, buyers, Brands,…
Your main activities will be:
- Building of the full mapping from product project to serial production integrating the stakeholders related to the subject.
- Identification of the current processes related to the stakeholders
- Identification and proposals of the processes potentials of improvement
- Definition and validation of an action plan with the stakeholders
- Implementation of the action plan through a pilot
- Lessons learn from the pilot and anchorage of improvements.
WHO ARE YOU ?
As a person we believe that you have a Customer & business oriented mindset with strong communication, negotiation and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy managing many parallel activities and you have a target oriented approach. A successful candidate has a high level of integrity and trust and gets quickly up to speed. You have a positive mindset and like to be a part of a team. At the same time you feel comfortable managing your own work, and taking the lead whenever needed.
We can offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging internship where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills.
A stimulating work environment, recognition at work, professional growth, motivation, management, pride, fun ... The Volvo Group has again been awarded the HappyTrainees label in 2019!
90% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
And 95% of graduation success reinforces our motivation to welcome you.
If you want to be part of our Happy Trainees, apply!
- A university degree within enginering,
- Ability to independently work and prioritize tasks & assignments
- Good English communication skills, orally and in writing,
- Experience of a structured approach with good analytical skills, logical thinking and strong problem-solving abilities (sense of urgency),
- Strong organizational, time management and continuous improvement skills,
- Ability to create networks and to lead cross-functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Good computer skills (Ms Office)
- Experience in automotive industry with lean management knowledge is seen as a strong advantage
If you want to thrive in a passionate environment, Supplier Development Department is a perfect choice.
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ? CALL ME !
Eric Bélot, Supplier Development Vehicle Manager, +33664403289
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.