Chief Designer UX -Mack Trucks
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Product Design is a global organization of design excellence that creates superior customer value by designing appealing products with strong brand profiles for the Volvo Group. Product Design’s expertise consists of generating ideas of future designs and inspiring creativity and innovation within the Volvo Group. We constantly increase innovation and efficiency through cooperation between our design studios located in Ageo, Gothenburg, Greensboro and Lyon.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Chief Designer UX for Mack Trucks who is passionate about leading a team of talented UX Designers, developing user interaction solutions related to products and services provided to costumers by Mack Trucks.
As an integral part of Product Design team you work closely with UX team, Mack brand stakeholders and managers, translating business requirements, cutting edge technology, and user needs into a meaningful, desirable customer solutions.
As a UX chief Designer for Mack Trucks you interpret and define Mack UX design language and strategy, coaching the UX team members in their daily work, managing work process around UX design, aligning brand experience with product strategies.
While collaborating with cross functional teams as an expert on UX strategy, you ensure successful alignment between user experience and brand identity.
You utilize design thinking techniques keeping an understanding of the users’ and costumers’ needs at the center of all activities.
The UX Chief Designer Mack Trucks North America is located in the studio in Greensboro where the Design Strategies and Design Language specific for Mack Trucks North America is maintained.
- Driven by success. You are invested in your team’s achievements, focused on company goals, understand and deliver on the needs of key business stakeholders.
- You take ownership, whether this means tackling problems or devising new solutions.
- You empower others to do their best work through coaching and mentoring
- Research and analyse input from related trends (e.g. Competitive set, Consumer electronics and automotive, Culture, Human behaviour, technology, design, etc.). considering the following perspectives:
- Business Efficiency and Brand platform
- Environmental and Economical Drive
- Participate in cross functional teams as expert on User Experience/Human Machine Interaction, Product Message and Visual Brand Distinction
- Explore ideas for Product Message and create User Experience concepts.
- Iterative prototyping for user and stakeholder feedback.
- Knowledgeable of applicable design methodologies and their appropriate application.
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Visualise new design solutions.
- Secure the correct visual quality of the output from the Product Design Process in due time.
- Present deliverables to stakeholders.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Guide the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
- Provide a UX Service from Product Design, covering all digital customer touch points, for other departments
- Coordinating of simulations together with physical model presentations for Design Reviews
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, HCI, or a related design or behavioral science discipline ; Master’s Degree is preferred
- 8+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of user interface design with consumer applications, mobile devices, telecommunications, and/or automotive
- Team leadership experience Minimum 3 years
- Ability to support, coach and develop the team across multiple disciplines/skills
- Ability to craft, structure, and execute professional level design workshops for designers and non-designers
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, another forms of requirements discovery.
- Ability to discover, understand, and communicate the business requirement
- Equally strategic and tactical in terms of ensuring the delivery of high-quality design
- Very knowledgeable of interaction design patterns and how to apply them within a variety of contexts (vehicle, mobile, web, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centred design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Adobe Suite, Sketch (Preferred), OmniGraffle, jQuery,
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, sketches, video, prototypes, etc.)
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to work from a blank slate and inspire others
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, including the capabilities and limitations of Web technologies Flex, Ajax, Flash, DHTML, CSS, scripting, and various other technologies a plus
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Communicates Effectively
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and trust
- Networking and peer relationships
- Entrepreneurial mind set
- Learning on the fly
- Professional Skills
- Ability to lead and motivate designers working in diverse projects to deliver on design strategy and according to project commitments
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, and Dreamweaver. Qt experience is highly prioritized.
- Ability to prototype concepts and interpret user feedback.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organization skills.
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people.
Design Director Mack Trucks
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify