Intern – Mechanical Engineering Summer 2020
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Chassis Structures and Advanced Calculations Team as an Intern – Mechanical Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of mechanical engineering and product development. As a valued member of the Chassis Engineering department within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with Chassis components such as frames, crossmembers, and cab suspension as well as perform FEA analysis. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as provide an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transport solution industry. The selected candidate will report to the Group Manager of Chassis Structures and Advanced Calculations Team.
- Develop and apply necessary skills and knowledge applicable to designing and releasing components for use on Heavy Duty Trucks
- Utilize CREO-Parametric to create or update CAD Models, Assemblies, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings
- Learn component packaging methods and verify component integration with surrounding vehicle components
- Ensure component durability by performing FEA analysis methods and techniques
- Communicate status of deliverables during Daily Team Leadership meetings
- Network with teammates in Vehicle Engineering and cross-functionally with Technicians, Manufacturing, Purchasing, etc.
- Apply Quality Tools to components and systems during the design phase
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify