Driveline Test Engineer
While sharing a nice cup of coffee with your teammates, you are refining the final details of the test procedure to be executed today.
It is an important milestone for dozens of engineers; the outputs of this test shall confirm the green light for the production start of our brand new driveline. This will happen today, and it will happen thanks to you...
Would you like to take an active part into the development of our next generation of Truck?
Are you seeking for being part of an enthusiastic and proud team of engineers?
If yes, then this is the right position for you!
Powertrain Engineering is a unique selling point for the Volvo Group brands (Volvo, Renault, Mack, UD…) for our driveline products. Along the development of those solutions, the testing group is responsible for the verification and validation of both mechanical, electrical and functional aspects.
As a test engineer you will be directly involved in the development work of our products and involved in a wide range of analysis and verification assignments.
You will work in a test environment that stretches from test cells of different complexity up to complete vehicle level.
- You are responsible for defining the product validation strategy
- You contribute to the technology development by presenting results from tests and propose product improvements. In more details, this means that you plan, prepare and execute tests (either yourself or by delegation), analyze test results and present findings
- As part of a testing team, you share with peers your progresses and target to maximize the collective output
- Experience in automotive technology development and testing
- Experience with mechatronics systems development including Software handling
- Experience in trouble shooting
- Knowledge of power electronics (Energy Storage, Power Convertor, Electrical Machine…)
- Truck driving license is a merit
- Master degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position
- Good abilities in English (both written and spoken)
- Leadership attitude and ability to engage the teams for achieving the goals
We think that you have a passion for technology; you like to work in a team and you welcome problems since you enjoy being part of the solution!
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.