Lead Engineer - Braking System
Would you like to be part of a strong team in the development of future chassis solutions that includes electrification and automation? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled co-workers? Does the chance to develop new and advanced chassis solutions for Mack and Volvo Truck excite you?
Then this position may be the right one for you!
Chassis Engineering is a highly skilled team in charge of the chassis development for the North America truck brands in the Volvo Group. We develop components, systems and complete chassis for conventional trucks as well as for electro-mobility and automation.
This position will report to the Group Manager for Brake System and Vehicle Control in Chassis Engineering Greensboro.
- Lead braking system design engineering activities in an area with high technical complexity
- Have operational responsibility for a component, system and sub-module delivery
- Front-load work to ensure robust early stage releases and stable late stage releases
- Ensure new designs fulfill business targets, requirements and Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Feature targets
- Manage area of responsibility by learning and applying applicable tools
- Manage networking across the organization, as well as influencing the work in other sites
- Create or update CAD Models, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Document design change notices and structure components in PDM system
- Release components as applicable to resolve maintenance issues or secure project deliveries
- Develop modular systems and components to optimize part diversity
- Ensure component durability by requesting analysis and/or physical verification
- Communicate active project deliveries during daily team leadership meetings
- Integrate deliveries from others and secure quality readiness before release
- Develop and share acquired competence (e.g. training) and provide technical advice
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Action oriented
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required
- MSME or related field is preferred
- 8+ years of product development experience in automotive industry, preferably in trucks development
- Basic CAD (CREO - AVP) experience is required
- Project management experience is a merit
- Previous leadership experience is a merit
- Good understanding of heavy duty trucks is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of Braking Systems and Pneumatics is preferred
- Knowledge of Volvo DVP is preferred
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify