VIE - Logistics Purchasing Regional Buyer H/F
The VIE, International Voluntary Abroad, is a French international corporate placement programme for young professionals between the age of 18 and 28 who are European Union nationals. For these reasons, we thank you in advance to mention these items on your CV. For more detailed information about the eligibility conditions to this programme, we invite you to go to Business France website: www.civiweb.com
Our team needs your support in the cultural hart of Europe, Ghent !
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
As colleague in the Logistics Purchasing Region EMEA (Europe - Middle East - Africa), you will join our team of buyers on the way to high
efficiency and high competence, by driving our vehicle on the roadmap for continuous improvement.
Our team is responsible for buying Volvo Groups logistic services, in and from region Europe, Middle East and Africa.
We have a very divers team of buyers located in Sweden, France, Belgium and Poland. Very unique people with a
wide range of interests and skills, in different phases of their careers. A combination of recently started colleagues,
trained professionals and experts with a high degree of experience form the brilliant team that makes it all happen.
We want a colleague with us that is passionate about making the way we work, even better in every possible way.
What we absolutely need you to do:
- Take a challenge and handle a portfolio of suppliers for logistic services as buyer
- Learn the job and visualize improvement areas in the way we work in our team
- Be a trusted partner for the team and manager to discuss improvement-ideas with our peers
- Forget that curiosity killed the cat ! You will need it, to learn “what’s behind”
- Use the basics of project-management to drive and follow up improvement initiatives
- Recognize the need for agreeing on work-processes in a large multinational
- Challenge and influence us with your ideas
- Support the positive mindset for continuous improvements
- Enjoy the fantastic atmosphere in Ghent Belgium
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Is negotiation a challenge that you want to take?
- Will you manage to structure your administration, close to perfection?
- Are you able to work and run investigations independently and as teamplayer?
- Do you have the can-do mindset with drive and energy?
- Can you communicate your findings and proposals in a clear way?
- Are you intrigued by the words sustainable and logistics?
A stimulating work environment, recognition at work, professional growth, motivation, management, pride, fun ... The Volvo Group has again been awarded the HappyTrainees label in 2019!
90% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
If you want to be part of our Happy Trainees, apply!
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.