Commodity Buyer for IT and Engineering consultants
You have here a great opportunity to join the Purchasing Contingent Workforce team as Commodity Buyer for Consultants Services such as IT consultants and Engineering Services consultants.
Commodity Buyer is a key position within VOLVO Group Trucks Purchasing. You will interact with different Volvo entities in Sweden, France and Belgium and your contribution is key to secure the deliveries of our projects. You will have a continental purchasing responsibility which will focus on areas such as: optimizing the supplier base, contribute and implement segment strategy, securing competitive and quality secured agreements, developing best practice purchasing processes, benchmarking and reporting with the aim to drive continuous improvement within the segment.
An important part of the job is also to interact and collaborate with other parts of the Volvo Group and represent purchasing in related key stakeholder forums.
- Manage the segment(s) in a QDCFTSR mindset.
- Contribute to the development of the segment strategy and purchasing process to support Volvo’s strategic objectives.
- Strengthening Volvo’s competitive advantage by understanding the business needs and the supplier market.
- Manage and develop the supplier base, using categorization, segmentation, evaluation, etc. in order to establish the appropriate levels of relationship.
- Prepare and report Key Performance Indicators development to key stakeholders.
- Lead or support large/regional/global sourcing projects or ad-hoc purchases within the segment.
- Drive optimization, synergies and share best practices within the Volvo Group.
- Negotiate upcoming request and contracts with suppliers
- We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must.
- We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally.
- The ability to take ownership of various tasks is necessary and problem solving skills in combination with analytical mind set is a must. We also think that you are result oriented and like doing business.
- We can offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills.
- Master of Science or Business Administration
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of working with Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Project management knowledge.
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change.
Location: Flexible (Sweden or France)
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.