LEAD Commodity Buyer IT consultants
You have here a great opportunity to join the Contingent Workforce team as Lead Commodity Buyer
Lead Commodity Buyer IT consultants within Contingent Workforce is a key and highly visible position within VOLVO Group Trucks Purchasing. You will interact with different Volvo entities around the world and your contribution is key to secure IT consultants needs for VOLVO entities such as Connected Solution and Volvo Group IT. You will have a global purchasing responsibility which will focus on areas such as: defining the segment strategy and ways of working with the different internal stakeholders, optimizing the supplier base, securing competitive and quality secured agreements, developing best practice purchasing processes, benchmarking and reporting with the aim to drive continuous improvement within the segment.
- lead and contribute to the development of the segment strategy and purchasing process to support Volvo’s strategic objectives
- Strengthening Volvo’s competitive advantage by understanding the business needs and the supplier market.
- Drive business synergies and share best practices within the Volvo Group
- Manage and develop the supplier base, using categorization, segmentation, evaluation, etc. in order to establish the appropriate levels of relationship
- Prepare and report Key Performance Indicators development to key stakeholders
- Lead or support large/regional/global sourcing projects or ad-hoc purchases within the segment
- We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, ability to navigate in a complex network, ability to drive changes perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must
- You have Excellent communication, listening and negotiation skill in order to build trust
- We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally
- The ability to take ownership of various tasks is necessary and problem solving skills in combination with analytical mind set is a must. We also think that you are result oriented and like doing business
- We can offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills
- Master of Science or Business Administration
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to stand by her/his own and to develop, maintain an effective network
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
Location: Flexible (Sweden or France)
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.