Lead Data Analyst
What do our customers expect from our products? How do they use their trucks? We want to know more and need a Data Analyst to support!
At Durability and Safety – Cab & Chassis, we are currently looking for a Lead Data Analyst to enhance our customer knowledge.
As a data analyst, your creative thinking and problem-solving skills will contribute to solving complex challenges in the areas of data mining and knowledge building. You will be actively finding new ways to understanding our customers’ usage and their expectations on our vehicles. You will also work closely with our engineers to provide them with support and tools to investigate data, plan for future test strategies, and formulate requirements and demands on our products
- As a Lead Data Analyst you will be responsible for all steps of an analytics assignment, from data collection, exploration, data structuring, modeling, problem solving and recommendation
- You will develop and implement methodologies to assist feature leaders and test engineers in setting the right requirements and improving test methods
- You will contribute with technical insight to the strategy and roadmap for the analytics area
- By combining data sources (like production vehicles data, field test logs and map databases) you will enhance our Customer Knowledge, our test codes and provide inputs to create new duty cycles
- Analytical and statistical skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations of the most suitable models and statistical approaches
- Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies. You are able to identify new opportunities and convince peers, managers and internal stakeholders to test out new approaches
- Attention to detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated
- Knowledge in developing statistical models to describe and evaluate vehicle usage in automotive applications
- Basic knowledge regarding fatigue, time series analysis, main durability concepts preferably in automotive industry
We believe to be successful in this position you need to have a positive mindset. We also believe that you have/are:
- Desire and self-confidence to set a clear course for the future
- Excellent communication skills, enjoy networking and creating relations
- Well organized and structured with the ability to drive things to completion
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
- Familiarity or proficiency in data analytics tools and platforms such as SQL, Python, R, Matlab, Azure, PowerBI, Databricks, SPSS or equivalent
- Familiarity or proficiency in methods or work related to design of experiments, data visualization, physical testing, analytical/virtual model building, probabilistic modeling or Monte Carlo simulations
Jennie Sandahl, Manager, Durability & Safety – Cab and Chassis, Phone: +46 765 533 603
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.