Senior Certification and Compliance Engineer
The Senior Certification and Compliance Engineer will support GTT in North America by leading the activities necessary to maintain emissions compliance within the North American market. The successful candidate will act with authority from the organization to direct and complete such actions as necessary to maintain legal certifications. This position will also strategically serve the company by working with industry associations and regulators on the modification of existing and development of new regulations as associated with emissions compliance and compliance procedures. In order to be successful, this individual should possess an in-depth working knowledge of Volvo’s product offerings and maintenance activities.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Serve as a technical authority regarding emissions compliance requirements and give guidance & direction when needed in order to ensure that compliance is maintained
- Manage/ approve changes to existing product offerings associated with emissions related components
- Process emissions and OBD (onboarding diagnostics) data and prepare for submission of the relevant authorities.
- Compile documentation describing engine and aftertreatment operation, emissions related systems and components, and OBD monitors.
- Ensure that all processes necessary for maintaining legal emissions compliance are properly documented and maintained.
- Support compliance activities that include but are not limited to In Use Testing (IUT), Manufacturer Self-Test (MST), In Use Monitor Performance Ratio (IUMPR).
- Interface with regulators (CARB and EPA) when appropriate
- Strengthen industry influence via regular participation within the appropriate EMA committees.
- Domestic travel and occasional international travel may be required.
- Experience working with the emissions regulating authorities.
- Communication: Possessing strong oral and written communication skills to inform, persuade, and negotiate. Reviewing lengthy industry and legal documents for issues relevant to the company; summarizing such documents for efficient communication to the organization.
- Integrity: Having trust in the work performed (both internally and externally) is absolutely key to this position.
- Flexibility: Monitoring a diverse array of internal and external activities, and appropriately prioritizing actions appropriate for each.
- Teamwork: Collaboration with industry representatives to define and secure common interests.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results.
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged.
- External Relationships/ Networking: Establishing a presence for the organization with outside interest groups, cultivating relationships with customers and other stakeholders, and gaining support for organizational goals.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in HD-Diesel Emissions and Documentation.
- Experience working with Government Regulatory Agencies is a plus.
Travel required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify