Lead system verification engineer
This position is in our Electrical and Electronics department.
A skilled developer that feels comfortable in the embedded area, with the focus of developing new check models for our self diagnosing framework. Someone who is used to complex interlinked SW tools. Experience of working close to HW & HIL is a bonus.
Someone who is passionate about programming, a curious continous learner and with a creative mindset to find new ideas and build new solutions. Someone who is experienced and self-motivated. The answers are all out there, but it's up to you to find them! We can offer a great challenge to impact how we test & develop SW at Volvo GTT.
Testing ECUs and electronic network of a truck –
- Create the strategy of validation/Verification.
- Create a test plan to make sure that the component/ ECU/ Subsystem/system can be verified for all the functionalities.
- Plan the tools and consultants to execute the verification activity.
- Find the ways to optimize and automate the testing stream
- Find innovative methods to get the best results and also to automate areas where regression testing is needed.
- Determine type and methods of tests and execution of test cases to derive the best results. Get the team to execute the test cases on the electronic network/ECU/Component, review the test data in order to verify the safety and control features of the truck.
Gathering test requirements for ECUs from Volvo AB –
- Participate in Functional reviews to make sure that the functionalities defined are testable and a suitable test strategy can be identified and automated.
- Participate in the Product roadmap discussion to decide on the verification roadmap for the component, ECU, Subsystem.
- Resource planning for the ECU/Component/ Subsystem/ System verification activity based on the product/ complexity in terms of Engineer, skills and test rig. Assist in resource plan for efficient utilization of the skills/ resources in project.
- Responsible for representing BLR in global forum to secure activities for BLR by showcasing the capabilities. Responsible for networking with Global sites to arrive at a common strategy for verification and validation in different areas, Scripting, Modeling, Automating, Rig building etc.,
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech (Electrical or Electronics and Communication)/M with Minimum 6 years of experience in testing of electronic controls in automobile industry
- Embedded and/or automotive experience is a bonus as well as interest in testing, but it's not a must.
- C & C++ experience is a must.
- Good understanding and hands on Automation techniques and relevant tools in testing domain is a must
- Excellent Knowledge of software tools on testing (J1587, CAN, Labview; Matlab etc.)
- Good Communication, Project management, Problem solving and analysis skills
- Exposure to ECU and electrical network testing skills
- Jenkins, Subversion/GIT, Visual Studio, Unit Test (Google test), state machine modelling are involved in day to day work
We offer a lot of responsibility and also freedom. You will join a great team with focus on check development and partly tool build for the future. We look forward to hearing from you!
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.