Intern: Communications/Inspiration (Fall 2019)
The purpose of this position is to assist the Communications Inspiration department with assignments specific to Communications.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate’s career goals through interaction with Communications professionals. Interns participate in professional activities for the Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This Internship provides structured learning experiences where interns and our Communications professionals work on projects with their select organization. The internship allows student to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo New River Valley Plant.
Assignment will begin on August 2019 and continue through December 2019, up to 30 hrs/week.
- Graphic Designer to produce communication publications & material
- Support storytelling and manufacturing communication
- Graphic Image Development/Conceptualization
- Development of branding and marketing materials for New River Valley operations
- Assist in coordination of material to market plant objectives and culture
- Coordination of onsite Print Center
- Creative Writing
- Develop stories for internal newsletter
- Submit articles for Global Magazine
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Flexibility: performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to promote a higher standard; pitching in to get the job done
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Graphic Design – Communications – and/or English at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Student must have minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify