Co-op: Service Center (Fall 2019)
This is an incredible opportunity to gain real world knowledge, putting logistics concepts to practice. The paid co-op position will be working collaboratively, supporting analysis and improvement initiatives with the Transport Operations and Service Center Group located in Greensboro, NC. The co-op will be responsible for working with various functional areas that span the Order to Delivery process, supporting activities including, but not limited to improving visual management through a Volvo Production System (VPS), Process mapping, generating and improving current supporting documents, performance indicator report analysis and improving training documents.
The co-op role provides the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the student’s career goals through contact with professionals in the field of study. The co-op experience enables participation in professional activities for Volvo Group Service Market Logistics by working on projects for the Delivery Support team. The Co-op position is a structured learning experience which includes working with Volvo professionals on projects within the organization. The co-op allows for the integration of knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the incumbent and Volvo Group Service Market Logistics.
This co-op will require normal Fall hours/week worked during the Fall term.
Position Responsibilities, Tasks & Objectives
- Update, organize, and Create Service Center documents that are used to support daily operations
- Handle research and data collection, system documentation updates and presentation document creation/updates.
- Coordinate process mapping, time study and/or value stream mapping activities.
- Assist with the assessment of performance indicator data records.
- Support Service Center project activities.
- Complete weekly writing assignments.
- Conduct project-related presentations.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (logic, lookup, reference formulas and visual basic), Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio and be able to quickly learn how to use transport management systems. Previous experience using Microsoft PowerBI highly desired.
- A self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to meet tight project timelines.
- Capable of seeing the "big picture" and applying lean concepts to an office setting.
- A strong, analytical thinker and demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Visio to build and confirmation process.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Logistics Operations or Business Administration at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify