Co-op: Driver & Vehicle Productivity Test Engineer (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Driver and Vehicle Productivity Group as Test Engineer Co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Driver and Vehicle Productivity Group within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the Volvo Trucks Test Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Driver and Vehicle Productivity Group Manager.
- The candidate will have a mentor assigned to them and oversee their daily tasks.
- The candidate will work directly with the test engineers focusing on the following:
- Facilitate communication with key stakeholders for assigned test requests to develop proper input for test planning/execution
- Develop test work planners
- Support the setup of data acquisition systems
- Perform test requests with guidance from experienced test engineers
- Data analysis and documentation of testing/results in formal Engineering Reports
- Interface with Vehicle Engineering and Project Management teams to support test scheduling and testing status updates
- Development of test methods and post-processing techniques
- Improvement of current test rigs and instrumentation
- It is preferable that the candidate have experience with the following:
- CAD software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data acquisition hardware and software
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Basic automotive mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify