Intern: Macro Developer (Fall 2019)
Develop systems, tools, and macros around current and planned processes. These projects will make use of VBA and VB.NET to deliver a user friendly interface for extracting and logging data. The use of Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, Project, and Outlook, is necessary for automation and data manipulation.
- This Fall Internship requires 30 hours/week
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and macros. Heavy documentation has been provided by the previous programmer to assist with this responsibility
- Develop interfaces for departmental SharePoint sites
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Organize large amounts of raw data to ease analysis for project managers and management
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Access, Excel, Project, and Outlook, is required
- Proficiency with the following programming languages:
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Familiarity with web design concepts and best practices
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing an engineering degree in Computer Science, Software or related field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the Internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E./M/F/D/V
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify