Co-op: Vehicle Features- Mechanical Engineering (Fall 2019)
- With proper training from test engineers and technicians, learn to perform sensor installations, cable wiring and instrumentation hook-up.
- Support data acquisition hardware installation and system configuration, as well as trouble shooting for project Accelerated Endurance Test and Field Test vehicle data logging.
- Support data reduction and post digital signal process for data analysis.
- Document calibration and measurement details for engineering report writing.
- Collaborate with other working groups on common goals.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Mechanical Engineering (Master student preferred) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Enjoy problem solving. Strong motivation to learn about and to work with trucks will be a plus.
- An aptitude for Mechanical Measurement, Analysis and/or testing is a plus.
- Engineering mechanics with emphasize on strength of material (stress analysis), fatigue theory & material failure mechanism. Classes taken & lab work on structure dynamics and vibration are also helpful.
- Experimental lab experience with basic understanding on principle of instrumentation and sensors. Basic knowledge on strain gages, whetstone bridge and strain gage based transducers.
- Good computer skills on programming & numerical method for engineering calculations, interest in digital data processing.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify