Co-op: Supplier Quality Engineer/Purchasing Engineer (Fall 2019)
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote their career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The Co-op experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing through working on important and innovative projects that build experience in project and supply chain management, finance, supplier quality and negotiation. Soft skills, high energy and a positive mindset are key assets for succeeding in this position, across a diverse, multicultural team. The Fall co-op program runs from August 2019 into December 2019.
- Manage activities related to supplier relationships (meetings, documents, feedback, etc.)
- Support the buyers, purchasing manager, supplier quality engineers and project managers and engineers in their day-to-day activities
- Utilizing engineering fundamentals by analyze key components of the supply chain (suppliers, processes and spend, etc.)
- Perform purchasing and sourcing activities, such as RFI’s (Request For Information), and RFQ’s (Request For Quotation)
- Participate in supplier and internal team meetings
- Indirect Products and Services (Investments and Professional Services)
- Powertrain Purchasing
- Supplier Quality Engineering
- Vehicle Purchasing
- Applicants must be currently pursuing a Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering degree at an accredited school and must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Analytical skills
- Ability to process information
- Business case development
- Project management
- Relationship skills (interpersonal/relationship)
- Self-motivated, taking initiative
- Team interaction
- Problem solving
Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. AutoCAD or equivalent experience a plus.
We Participate in E-verify