Intern: Electrical Engineering (Spring 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Wiring/Packaging Group as Wiring/Packaging Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of electrical engineering. As a valued member of the Wiring/Packaging Group within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with packaging and harness design. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Group Manager Wiring (Bridge Plan).
- Wiring/Packaging Engineering Intern is responsible for electrical wiring harness designs across multiple truck brands and across harness families.
- Emphasis is placed on developing truck knowledge; harness analysis; interaction within department and external organizations, detailed documentation, and report writing.
- Other areas include, harness cost analysis, harness development utilizing Saber, use harness quality tools like FMEA and DFA, and checking work prior to release for 100% accuracy.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Electrical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Spring interns are required to work 30 hours or less per week and must be enrolled in academic courses during the spring semester.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Eagerness to Learn
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify