Co-op: Electrical Engineering (Spring 2020)
We are now looking for potential and prospective candidates for our student experience program. This program offers a great learning environment combined with hands-on work experience which will complement your academic knowledge while spending time with smart and fun loving colleagues.
What will you do?
- You will work on leading edge, hands-on development projects guided by experienced colleagues, giving you an opportunity to learn about our technology, be a part of solving real problems and get answers to a lot of questions
- Work on your own project which will support our ongoing continuous improvement initiatives
- Learn about truck functionalities and understand how a truck is different from a passenger car
- Visit our factories and see how trucks are built
- Network with a lot of professionals from other functions and get career guidance
- This is a great opportunity to enhance your interpersonal, communication and leadership skills by working with people from highly diverse backgrounds
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Automotive or Robotics engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Ideal candidates possess strong engineering fundamentals, are innovative and think out of the box
- Have project experience involving design of electronics systems and software, preferably utilizing micro-controllers, sensors, actuators or communication modules to solve a real life problem
- Able to gather, analyze and present scientific information
- A team player able to lead with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft office products
- Possess a valid US Work authorization
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify