Engineer - Maintenance
Ensures process are developed and secured with the goals of meeting the Professional Maintenance theories and applications, according to the VPS standards (World Class Manufacturing based). Provide leadership and guidance across a sectional level within the Operations Maintenance business functions fostering a continuous improvement culture focused on loss reduction, waste elimination, employee engagement, and application/practice of lean theory.
Scope and influence
Individual contributor: Engineer – Maintenance: Responsible for supporting the Professional Maintenance Focused Area principles throughout the Operations Maintenance organization.
Individual contributor: The Engineer – Maintenance: N-6 from Volvo Group CEO, reporting to Manager – Maintenance Engineering.
- Support Operations Maintenance with the continued development of the Professional Maintenance Focused Area principles and tools throughout the organization
- Secure application of proper methods, tools, and execution of such, to reduce equipment failure related losses.
- Conduct kaizen improvement activities focused on safety, quality, and cost initiatives.
- Data Analysis (current and historical) and Root Cause Analysis
- Drawings and prints (validate, update, control)
- Machine component evaluations (life cycle)
- Time-based maintenance schedule development and attainment
- Standard Maintenance Procedure development and validation
- Machine life extension and increased reliability
- Coordinate the interface between all areas connected with the activities related to Professional Maintenance (methods, tools, data, etc.)
- Assist in the creation of training material to educate and expand awareness to team members using the PM tools and processes
- Participate in improvement activities in different focus areas and equipment needs throughout the organization
- Sustain work processes for projects within the organization
- Utilize experiences from current equipment into new product and manufacturing projects
Fulfilment of financial and operational KPI’s for Engineer – Maintenance such as:
- PM Focused Area level of improvement for the plant (increase in Logic, Method, Rigor, Pace, Results)
- Reduction in the total number of breakdowns
- Reduction in MTTR numbers
- Increase in MTBF numbers
- Decrease in VCPU related to Operations Maintenance targets
Essential educational and/or training qualifications and certificates
- Proven exposure to and execution of engineering projects (mechanical, electrical, industrial)
- 3-5years technical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial)
- Cross functional knowledge of VPS Focused Areas
- Experience of successful implementation of World Class Manufacturing activities
- Needs to have a good understanding of the Volvo Group Businesses
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify