Lead Vehicle Electronics Engineer
Are you a passionate engineer willing to join a team working with our next generation electronics trucks platform? Then this job is for you!
You will be joining a highly motivated & dedicated team responsible for developing specifications, work with internal and external suppliers for deliveries and later integrating the results into project vehicles to ensure deliveries meet the market demands. The team is self-organized, empowered and operates in Agile mode to be faster and efficient to take on the complex everyday challenges.
While we ensure current and future legal demands are specified, implemented, tested and integrated, we also ensure future technology enablers are part of our solutions which include vehicle automation, electro mobility & vehicle connectivity.
In other words we are a team passionate about trucking who care for customer uptime, safety and profitability. Together we develop the solutions for the world’s future sustainable and autonomous transportation.
- Primarily deliver vehicle functions, dynamics and ADAS technical solutions by utilizing hardware and software currently in production or being developed on the next generation electronics platform and modify to fit the needs for North American markets
- Develop new hardware & software that is specific to North American markets where necessary
- Detail and specify requirements to both internal & external suppliers
- Plan and keep track of the progress and manage risks
- Document design solutions to match the sales variants
- Ensure solutions are verified and validated against requirements
- Meet applicable regulations for current and future years
- Cover applicable market specific and customer specific needs
- Respect product positioning strategies and to be at the right level among competitors
- Develop solutions that are futuristic and scalable while keeping cost low
- You have a BSc/MSc or similar and experience in Embedded Software and/or electronics
- Possess prior experience working with Body control modules, ABS, ADAS systems as component owner
- Knowledge of North American regulations applicable to commercial transportation would be a plus
- Sound understanding of CAN & LIN networks & protocols
- Ability to understand and break down system level requirements into components and end user functions
- Expertise in design documentation and software configuration and linking them to sales variants or similar
- Comfortable working with project management processes and agile large solution teams/ trains
- Has a good communication skill in English, both verbal and written and experience communicating with global teams across the world
- Ability to work in a team and sometimes independently without supervision
- As a person you are open-minded, pro-active, provide ideas and drive them
- You will join our development located in Greensboro and you will collaborate daily with our colleagues in Gothenburg (Sweden), Bangalore (India) and Lyon (France). To achieve your mission and build your network you will also be travelling occasionally
While the position offers interestingly complex and challenging assignments, we are also proud to be part Volvo’s world class global culture where we value knowledge, career growth, prosperity with fun loving colleagues which makes us a great place to work for.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify