Logistics Project Manager - Industrial
This role will see you aiming to quality assure the successful introduction of the project deliverables, in doing so ensuring all activities are in accordance with the local/ global routines, guidelines and strategies (including VOC, VPS and PSM methodologies). This position is being offered as a fixed term contract until December 2021.
About the role:
- Ensure the Project Steering Committee is well informed of the Project Status and potential risks.
- Lead the project team and secure a strong project governance to manage project deliverables.
- Secure PSM way of working throughout the Project implementation and secure the objectives of the projects as defined in the project directive.
- Secure a strong project documentation which will serve as reference throughout the project duration.
- Develop and implement process technical solutions aligned with VPS/VOC and STRIPE.
- Lead the project team in the design and implement of the complete logistic flow from parts suppliers’ location to FG delivery with multiple coordination.
- Refine and implement 4M strategy, taking into consideration the cost reduction and productivity objectives for the logistics function.
- Effectively lead the project team to implement the logistics areas’ layouts in line with Plant Master Plan expectations.
- Leading and implementing lean processes to maximize the warehouses storage capacity and to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs, and maximize productivity through the VSM approach
- Improve the management of the obsolescence process and optimize overall inventory
- Bring innovation and creativity to the logistics processes by bench marking within Volvo facilities
- Participate in local and global networks to contribute to the process development and improvement.
- High level of knowledge and experience in Logistics Engineering disciplines
- Strong coordination/ leadership skills
- A good knowledge of Volvo & Mack products
- Good level of Project management experience and expertise (including PSM and other Volvo Project Steering Models)
- Volvo GTO international network of contacts
- Strong team focus
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, BPCS, Kola, DIS, MS-Project)
- Good knowledge of VPS / VOC and STRIPE
- Engineering Degree, preferably with Post-Graduation / MBA.
- Competitive remuneration package with additional superannuation.
- Career development with Global prospects.
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave.
- Service recognition.
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers.
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality.
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service.
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including complimentary fresh fruit and physio consultations.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
- Onsite café and free onsite parking.
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.