Do you feel you could be responsible for developing & maintaining existing vehicle components and mounting systems?
Chassis Equipment includes Fuel Systems, Exhaust Systems, DEF Systems, Battery/Power Systems, Steps, Back-of-Cab Access, Quarter Fenders, Mudflap Mounts, and the various transport adaptations (Fifth Wheels, Pintle Hitch, Etc).
From developing more fuel efficient diesel trucks to cleaner CNG and even all-electric transport solution - our department is involved in delivering engineering solutions that meet the needs of our customers, manufacturing facilities, and aftermarket service.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Chassis Engineering is a highly skilled team in charge of the development for the North America truck brands in the Volvo Group. We develop components, systems and complete chassis. We use common architecture and shared technology as our base and we optimize our solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
The core of our group have grown to trust each other and we welcome new members to be part of our team.
This position will report to the Chassis Equipment Group Manager.
- Assist with management of all mechanical projects and assignments within the Chassis Equipment team (TCDs/QDCF deliverables), by serving as an experienced engineer in the chassis area leading complex project teams/activities
- Utilize demonstrated engineering and project expertise, knowledge, originality and coordination skills
- Utilize theoretical knowledge in kinematics, vibrations and durability to develop chassis systems
- Generate technical solutions for current, new and major programs
- Serve as department deputy as needed for timely approvals to improve department efficiency
- Track and report for daily, weekly, and 8-week activities of the team
- Work as a Liaison with Bangalore India engineers on work package submittal and deliverables, mostly via remote meetings
- Verify the work of others for the proper methods of design and verification required to complete any new assignment
- Prepares and maintains budget and time plan proposals for new projects and estimate hours
- Assures compliance with all applicable regulations within the department
- Support product Launch activity
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo goals and objectives
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree preferred
- At least ten years of progressive automotive experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to organize and deliver as a team
- Experience with CAD (PTC Creo preferred)
- Understanding of manufacturing processes & an understanding of the needs of vehicle service
- Proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communications with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Ability to work in global environment with challenging workload
Our department values a strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and help each other. Chassis Equipment & Transport Adaptation is a team that works together. An ability to effectively organize work/meetings and effectively communicate across our large organization is also very desirable.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
"A team is not a group of people who work together. A team is a group of people who trust each other." - Chris McKee
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify