Buyer in Cab Exterior Team
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The biggest technology shift in decade within public transportation has started and Volvo Group wants to stay in the forefront together with our customers. In a changing world with new customer requirements status quo is not an option. The wind of change is everywhere and new solutions and technologies are what we are working and focusing on.
We have a culture of high performance created through employee engagement and we value Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change and Performance.
The European CAB Purchasing team is part of the Volvo Group Truck Purchasing Organization. This Buyer position is in the CAB Exterior team and our mission is to select and develop a global or a regional supplier base to create synergies and to achieve sustainable competitive advantages with in the Cab exterior segments. We challenge our suppliers to improve the value chain on costs, quality, and delivery performance for all production parts to be used on our trucks.
Volvo Group and Group Trucks Purchasing aims to be the most admired employer in our industry by attracting and retaining the best people in order to create and build a world-class purchasing team.
WHAT is the job?
Project buyer for Mirrors, Wiping, Washing, Windshield, Door components, Sealants and commodity buyer for some of these segments.
You are our purchasing interface towards internal stakeholders and suppliers in your segments during the entire project phase. You are accountable for securing that the targets are met and maintained. Together with the purchasing and cross-functional network, you will proactively drive all relevant activities, use all needed tools and means to continuously secure a best in class supplier QDCFTSR performance.
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during project, production phase and after production phase
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Manage project performance reviews with suppliers and stakeholders
- Challenge, negotiate and report changes after contract signature and ensure continuous fulfillment of project targets
- Manage parts and orders in project phase and ensure a timely part transfer in the system to the commodity buyer
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates
- Secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment Business Plan
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
SQ&D: Supplier Quality and Delivery
WHO are you?
- We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must
- You believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally
- The ability to take ownership of various tasks is necessary and problem solving skills in combination with analytical mind set is a must. We also think that you are result oriented and like doing business
- 2 to 3 years of purchasing experience is necessary
- Master of Science or Business Administration
- Business Acumen
- Technology interest
- Financial analysis
- Cost Management
- Project Management
- Production & Supply chain
- Quality Management
- Legal Management
- Relevant process & system knowledge
What we can promise you are some really skilled colleagues and some truly exciting challenges to work with. You will work in a global environment that provides you with developmental opportunities both professionally and personally. We are eager to learn from you and you will get fantastic opportunities to learn and develop with us: when you succeed, we succeed. Together we drive prosperity.
Does it sound like a great opportunity for you? Do not hesitate to apply ASAP! We are looking forward to reviewing your application.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.